Sometimes we need a “RESET” for body mind and SOUL…
“Happiness is a butterfly which when pursued is just out of grasp. But if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you.” Nathaniel Hawthorne, American Novelist was quoted as saying this.
So many life lessons can erupt from his viewpoint. Are there moments you feel like you have landed to an understanding only to have your grasp on the matter confused or changed? Are you then able to quiet your soul and perhaps experience the next ray of light, understanding or “landing”?
Looking for a desired outcome so oftentimes takes over the necessity of experiencing the grace of the moment. A familiar tune from the beloved Beatles classic song ”Let it be…” has been a recent point of conversation for my husband Brian and I. We have intentionally invited the theme to resonate and sing through our minds as we soulfully look inward and truly try to let all be. While anticipating the good and waiting for it to come, are you able to purpose on in letting it be. Fun fact, the Beatles chose to first record this song with no dubbing intended. They were seeking to let the truth of their message ring out in the most natural way possible, by only doing one take in an effort to ”Let it be…”. Do we at times try to dub over situations before they even evolve? Let us reach past the brokenness and perceptions around us and let all of the “stuff” just be.
Turning inwardly to nurture our souls in this manner equips us to reach forward and impact others throughout Covid, virtual meetings/school/gatherings, and way BEYOND…!
One take away continues to refashion itself in our homes and lives currently and I wonder if this is the case for you as well… How do we LET the COVID SITUATION just BE?? Are we able to breathe differently and look for the benefits??
Here’s to hoping you have found refreshed ways to spread your wings while you fly differently, flutter intentionally and focus on others really well…Grow through whatever it is you are going through…are you willing? Find gratitude for even the smallest of moments, experiences, or things in your life.
Habitually reflecting on the components of validating current emotions, formulating those thoughts, and then finding a way of articulating them into forward movement helps us to recalibrate, prioritize, and focus on the true meaning and experiences of life…How are YOU?
Are you holding strong in your heart and mind?
As what we are in the midst of threatens to bind
First be self-aware
Then for others care
Soulfully try to recalibrate
Welcome JOY to dominate
Important matters and souls MATTER
Prioritize well and GOOD will scatter
Freedom for your inner soul
Will help to fill another hole
Dig deep to love and encourage
You will surely find more courage
Self and others and on and on
Find your grace and pass it on
A situation may feel palpable
Remind yourself you’re capable
GROW THROUGH what you GO THRU…
Dig deep to be the BEST version of YOU
So…the question lingers…Are you soulfully aware and ready to nurture another and another and another soul? Pay it forward…!
As you consider this idea, feel free to add your thoughts, takeaways and ideas!
© 2020, Kathleen Bauer, Ed D 🙂
Self-Care Ideas for the Soul
- Imagine you’re your own best friend. If you were…what would you HONESTLY tell yourself right now? Look in the mirror and try it!…Perhaps say … “YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL”…by the way YOU ARE!! Believe it!
- Use your commute to notice five beautiful things on your way to work. New blooms on a tree, the smell of fresh cut grass, a lingering moon during the day, a soaring hawk…??
- Help someone. Carry a bag, open a door, or offer to pick up items for a neighbor.
- Check in with your emotions. Sit quietly and just list, without judgment, what you’re feeling.
- Perhaps, write out your thoughts, deal with what is needed. Write for fifteen minutes on anything bothering you. Then let it go (give it to God) as you rip the paper and recycle.
- Choose who you spend your time with today. Hang out with people who emit enthusiasm and positivity.
- Get positive feedback. Ask three good friends to tell you what they love about you. And then choose to be real…take the risk and ask them how you might need to grow forward.
- Make a small connection. Have a few sentences of caring conversation with someone in customer service such as a sales assistant, barista…even WITH a face covering!
- Splurge a little. Buy a small luxury that makes you happy…as a way of valuing yourself.
- Enjoy some moments to regroup… Spend an hour alone doing something that nourishes you…reading, singing, cooking, organizing, cleaning, or perhaps just sitting!
- Exercise a signature strength. Think about what you’re good at, and find an opportunity for it today.
- Be open to ask for help—big or small, but reach out. On the other hand…be WILLING to be of help to someone else…you will be AMAZED at the good it nourishes in your own heart and soul!